7/01/2005

 

O'Connor

The first woman appointed to the Supreme Court is gone. Sandra Day O'Connor has resigned leaving a right leaning moderate hole in the highest court. When several of the other justices recently voted to emasculate the fifth amendment, she voted on the side of the document that is supposed to be our highest law. Her retirement notice comes across in a very even tone that makes no comment on Bush, recent decisions, or her colleagues on the court.


Dear President Bush, this is to inform you of my decision to retire from my position as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, effective upon the nomination and confirmation of my successor. It has been a great priviledge indeed to have served as a member of the Court for 24 Terms.

I will leave it with enormous respect for the integrity of the Court and its role under our constitutional structure.

Sincerely
,

Sandra Day O'Connor




Speculation on her replacement is already rampant, I have a few speculations of my own.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


free hit counter

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Bloogz